Why should antioxidants be in your skincare?
When it comes to natural anti-aging ingredients in skincare, antioxidants are unbeatable. Offering both protection and rejuvenation, antioxidants provide an effective defense against the damaging free-radicals that cause the skin to age, as well as promoting cellular repair and healing for supple, younger-looking skin.
Used in conjunction with sun protection, antioxidants defend against dull, dry skin, wrinkles and pigmentation. Antioxidant botanicals boost the effectiveness of skincare products, for smooth healthy skin – without toxic chemicals. Many foods are rich in antioxidants, and adding these to your diet will also improve your skin health.
At Baré we have searched the globe for superfruits which deliver high levels of antioxidants, to ensure our nourishing serums lavish the best possible care for your precious skin.
How do antioxidants benefit your skin?
- Antioxidants reduce the damage that free radicals inflict on your skin. Free radicals accelerate the oxidation process which damages cell health, creating visible signs of aging. Antioxidants can prevent damage to collagen strands and cell walls structures, protecting your skin and preserving plump, healthy skin cells.
- Antioxidants increase collagen, elastin and keratin production for elastic and supple skin.
- Antioxidants repair DNA damage, improve the skin’s ability to heal and reduce inflammation.
- Antioxidants also provide an effective contribution to the fight against sun damage and improve the protective action of your sunscreen.
The alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) in our serums help the antioxidants penetrate the skin, as well as working alongside the antioxidants to further reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin radiance and luminosity.
Where do the antioxidants in our skincare come from?
Skincare containing a variety of antioxidants has an increased effect on skin health, which is why Baré serums combine a range of wonderful potent superfruits rich in antioxidants. When these incredible antioxidants are combined with skin nourishing ingredients, you can expect dramatically beautiful results!
- Our star super-fruit is the native Australian Kakadu Plum which contains the world’s highest natural concentration source of Vitamin C. Kakadu plum extract provides natural antioxidants in the form of Vitamin C and polyphenols and stimulates the synthesis of pro-collagen and hyaluronic acid to actually reduce the evidence of aging. 100% of participants in controlled tests showed improved skin luminosity with the use of Kakadu plum extract.
- The Australian caviar lime contains various fruit acids, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants. By stimulating TRPV3 channels, Lime Pearl™ gently promotes skin exfoliation, increasing the action of the antioxidants in the serum on the skin.
- The Lilly Pilly is a native Australian rainforest berry, just full of rejuvenating antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- The Australian Lemon Aspen is a tropical fruit rich in vitamins, minerals, fruit acids, and antioxidants.
- An Australian native, the Davidson Plum produces fruit full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, phytosterols and antioxidants.
- The Australian botanical Tasmanian pepper berry contains strong antioxidants, with antioxidant power three times greater than blueberries (TEAC). The berry also contains anthocyanins, free radical scavengers that increase the protection from oxidative damages.
- Vitamin E provides significant antioxidant benefits to skin, and research shows that the natural forms (as used by Baré) are more potent and have a longer lasting effect than synthetic counterparts. Vitamin E also combines with Vitamin C to provide exceptionally effective benefits.
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and anti-aging superstar which increases collagen production, enhances repair processes, reduces inflammation, and aids skin to withstand sun exposure.
- Pichia / Resveratrol is a stable, potent antioxidant which also offers significant anti-inflammatory properties.
In summary – We love antioxidants in skincare!
Baré serums are packed with highly effective antioxidants to aid skin cell regeneration and the synthesis of collagen, elastin, and keratin, and to provide protection against aging free radicals. Include antioxidants in your skincare regime for protection from the signs of age, and beautifully glowing, supple skin.